Thursday, March 29, 2007

Every Little Thing

They say that you can tell what a person is truly made of when you analyze their idle thoughts. If a person is bad, they will think manipulative and evil thoughts. A good person will veer towards nice and soothing thoughts. Goldiggers will think of ways to dig, writers will think of the next storyline. It's not a bad thought process and it would be very nice to be able to read others' thoughts like that.

But I can't. So, I just read my own.

My idle musings, however, are confusing. Like, now. I'm totally thinking about how every little thing she does it magic, every little thing just turns me on. Even though my life is full of tragic, blah blah blah. You see, my thoughts in the quiet moments almost always turn into a radio station. Right now, it's The Police. This morning, it was Hilary Duff telling me that I should let the rain fall down, let it wash away my sanity.

My idle thoughts are songs.

Sometimes they apply to my life, sometimes not. It may be the song I last heard. The song that was in my dream last night could be my whole soundtrack for the day. The reason for The Police is that my boyfriend got kicked off American Idol last night. This is so deeply entrenched in me that the song he sang this week was the backdrop for my dream last night that he and I were both on American Idol and when he got kicked off, I took him to the mall foodcourt. That's just the way it is.

So, take what you will from the analysis of all of this malarkey. I just figure that tomorrow's idle thoughts will have to do with songs relating to birthdays and being alive in your twenties.

No comments: