Friday, December 22, 2006

You Can Call me Unperfect

For days, I've had a random N'Sync song floating in my head; I've assumed that I had heard it recently, therefore just being amassed into the background thoughts. It's been a hassle, asking my N'Sync experts what song I'm thinking of...looking for lyrics and failing...waking up with it stuck in my head day after day. But, it has been resolved! It's "Selfish" from the "Celebrity" album, one that I have not heard in awhile. A magical song.

At the behest of many, I am to make a long post that is chock full of personal thoughts and insights.

Christmas is coming soon and Caleb had been working feverishly on a couple of Christmas surprises for me; all I know about these surprises is that they include five pieces of white cardstock, Megan looking cute and Shawn writing more than a couple sentences. Believe it or not, I have it almost all pieced together, so watch out surpriseeeeeees! I'm coming for you!

I am beginning to feel like my life consists of a very few things: work, sleep, eating, Caleb. Not that it's a bad list, but I'm not really in the mode of making a difference. I would like to be involved more in some volunteer thing or some process that involves me working hard on a project. I'm not really doing that and it's beginning to make everything else in my life a little grating. Well, everything else being mostly work.

I don't want to be the non-scrapbooking TV girl anymore. I would give anything to be in the back receiving boxes all day long.

Rick, Shell and Julie are back in Redlands, keeping it warm and leaving behind presents. I'm glad that we are able to bring Shell's present for Mom back to Redlands later on next week, but I'm sad that she was so panicked about it yesterday. Unbelievably, I'm sort of excited to have my very first white Christmas. This is the first time that I've gotten a Christmas present that I couldn't use instantly due to the weather; Megan gave me a liquid sidewalk chalk set, but the icy snow just won't let me play with it just yet. Growing up lends itself to different life experiences.

No comments: