Monday, May 21, 2007

Makes Me Wonder


I know, I know. I can already tell what you're thinking.

"Oh, Holly. This is just ANOTHER photo of a baby. A cute one, for sure, but kinda blah, right?"

No, no, my friends. This is Kirk Hoskins and he is the first little baby that I've ever seen my husband hold. Not only was it the most wonderful thing I've ever seen, it gave me a real notion of what it would be like to have him be the father of my children. And it was a good, great vision; Caleb carried around Kirk to check the email and to watch Transformers, he changed his little diaper and put on Kirk's blue and white feetsie pajamas. There is nothing I want more now than to have a baby, not just to fit in with the other mommys or to smell the scent of baby lotion, but because I want to watch my husband be what I really think his calling in life is: a daddy.

Therefore, this isn't just another picture - it's part of a moment in time when I saw something in my husband that I hope he sees in himself soon.

No comments: