Thursday, February 22, 2007

You're a VIP (at least to me)

It has been crazy beautiful weather these last couple of days. It makes me long for California winters and going to 3rd period with your 3rd period friends and saying the right answer for the 50th time in a row. In my mind, I was such a baller from the time I was little and now I feel lucky to see the blue sky once in awhile. Silly silly silly.

My Megan just got herself a boyfriend for the first time in history. Being the best friend leads one to play protector, cheerleader and therapist all in one complex role; so, when I found out about the New Boy, I called, cheered, comforted and adviced. So so good, all of this. I'm very excited for her and I know that she will be a great girlfriend who learns a lot from being linked to another person. I've only briefly met Josh and I think his hair is crazy, but I just found out that he's a wiz at tennis and a hopeless romantic. I want Meg to fall in love.

I'm happy that I can feel so elated at waking up today, sore throat and boring day in the back of the line. I have no clue what I'm going to do today, save a visiting teaching appointment at 2. There are options, I suppose, for all of the adventures I could go on - but I am just so happy to be happy that there isn't really much concern put towards the plans today. Maybe American Idol for the third time.

Caleb has been writing ultra deep thoughts in his blog lately, doing whatever he can to get all of his big idea thoughts down on virtual paper. It makes me jealous a little, if only because I wish I could write manifestos the way he does. I've relegated myself to small paragraphs and manic thoughts; all of this because I know that it's not only me reading this space. If it were just me, I'd blow steam and convey all sorts of the magnanimous ventures I persue. Probably better the way it is, if only because my fire simply feeds itself.

Last night, Caleb and I went on our first married double date (because Caleb won't let me count the ones with Rick and Shell; he says they're too familiar to me). Our home teacher, Mitch and his wife Janie came to our house for some Carbonara and to the dollar theater for some "Holiday." I had a blast and am so sad that those two are moving after the semester ends (Mitch graduates and they're going to return to Arizona). My ploy is to tell Janie that she can't move until we both get pregnant at the same time; I doubt it'll work, but I'd love to do water aerobics with her.

It's still earlyish morning, and I'm all prepped and the house looks magical. It's amazing what some Tylenol PM will do for your rest patterns. I slept like a rock and the sun is out, so now I feel like I can take over the world. Maybe I will, so I can tell people exactly how to act and then change won't be so hard for me. Yaaaay sunshine.

No comments: