Friday, February 16, 2007

A Cleaner Point of View

I don't know what makes me want to keep it all in at the moment. It may be that I feel like my life isn't really in my control at the moment and it may be that I'm overworked and underpaid. But, all that I really know is that life has been kind to me and I may as well start returning the favor. Even if it puts me out of favor.

Work went well today and went by fast. That's always a sign that work might be better than average; I was helping people decorate picture frames all day and chatting with them to pass the time. I would make an excellent bartender and an even better politician. What with my matchmaking skills going to waste, I may as well find a better hobby to while away the countless hours. Bartending. It's something to think about.

Being an LDS girl, it's interesting to grow up and have life change so quickly all with one foul swoop. That of clothing (and underclothing), that of friends (and acquaintances) and that of all manners of discussion topics (and idle chatter). What I wouldn't give to be able to have my skin show at the bottom of my shirt sometimes and there are thousands of things that I could think of that are better to stand around and talk about besides what baby wipes are best for babies' bottoms and for cleaning up crafts. It's inane. And so is the feeling of elastic around my thorpex.

Plain and simple, I need to start doing things anonymously and then being upfront with myself. I know that's been a running theme with this blog for a couple of posts, but I can't seem to drive it home hard enough.

No comments: