Thursday, February 15, 2007

At This Point, It's Just Hating the Game

I have this savage cut on my foot that came from who knows where. And after picking up the house, I put on my red Steve Maddens because I'd so carelessly left them around from last night. Now, I'm strutting in 3 inch heels and showing off my wound to The Warrior. He's my fish. No one else is here to see it.

After an odd morning of waking up, reading, going to sleep again and waking up again, I was pretty rancid. I am glad no one was here to see me so rotten. A shower helped, plus exercising some demons and then I had an epiphany. Everyone's business is NOT my business. Though I like to imagine that I'm an actually helpful individual and an empathic one at that, I am batting .000 at keeping my heart from breaking. So, I'll love who I love and I'll hate who I hate. There will be wonderings on my part and there will be suggestions in my pocket. But few, if any, will know about them because, gosh dang, I hate being the fragile one. It's not fun or pretty to hear "don't get upset about what I'm about to say" or "don't worry about this one" when people AREN'T dying and it shouldn't affect me.

Therefore, if you're used to being gossipy with me or getting excited with me, you're going to start writing checks you can't cash. Out of luck.

Tonight is a new Office; I believe Ryan the (former) temp is taking Michael to be a guest speaker at his business school. That should prove to be entertaining, but the main event will be the Jim/Pam interaction that hopefully won't be ignored. We'll see!

I learned how to play chess last Sunday; I didn't get thrashed (thankfully), so I'm likely to play again even though I lost. Caleb was a very patient teacher and I didn't throw the game table in fury. So, that's one for the record books.

No comments: