Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Wrapped Around Your Finger

I've been looking for inspiration lately. Not just for scrapbooking or for blogging, but for life.

And I really think the things that inspire me the most are sometimes the things that bring out the worst in me. Something about listening to The Police encompasses all the feelings I have when I am sure that I don't have to consider anything that anyone else has to say. Reading Ayn Rand makes me believe that yes, I was right in thinking that I can be my best self at the expense of others all those times. When I see the huge blue sky with all the white puffy clouds, it reminds me that in a world that sometimes tries to make me feel small, I can feel important and larger than life. All those traits that I try to stuff in the back of my mind make me ME and sometimes it's hard to remember that.

It makes me laugh to think that the things that make me feel the most like myself are base and self-serving.

***********************

I head home in a couple of days. I won't be bringing my husband, however, though I tried hard to make him come. I'm excited to go, but it will be hard to leave. You know?

No comments: