Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Score

I'm overflowing. I was so diligent about posting and pondering and purveying and then all the walls came crashing back up again, so my thoughts have been bottled up. Now that they've turned into jelly, I've realized what a waste that was. So, here I am, spilling over

Also, there has been an ebb and flow with my desire to scrapbook lately. And now I am on the "do it do it do it!" portion of that cycle. But not just any scrapbooking; I recently got a book called We Dare You, which really is a great book about scrapping ALL the things in life, not just the foofy la la ones. I've already done a page about the difficulty of a particular part of blending two lives together [see: finances] and I have another, more controversial page in mind. Actually, now that I think about it, I have a few that I want to do. The point is, brethren, I have to grasp at this whim while it is around. Otherwise, I'll just be caught up in life soon, with nothing to show for it.

Obviously enough, this is the month of November. I know I said I'd be doing National Novel Writing Month and pounding out words like a crazy woman. But the beginning of the month held more important things, so I've abandoned the idea as a whole. Now I feel vaguely void in that creative area of my brain; must be why I'm itching to let it all out in other areas.

I know this might be spilling all the beans. It could be a crazy ordeal and start all sorts of mishaps. But I don't care. Here goes, home slice:

So, I talked to Caleb online before I went to pick him up from work on Monday; he was in a foul mood. I always have to decide how far in I want to pry when this occurs, so this time I was set to be as supportive as I could and asked the reasoning behind the pout.

He begins to tell me how upset he is at the Health Center and BYU insurance in general. I thought it might have been an overcharge or that they'd been harassing him in some other manner, but I was wrong. He explains that he had been in contact with them all day, trying to change our insurance to maternity that very day. Apparently that isn't allowed and the soonest switch comes winter semester.

All of this is a shock to me, as I had previously thought that maternity was not an option until January anyway. A good shock. A great shock.

He reveals that he's decided that he is ready ASAP for a baby. But the insurance is not.

So, two more months.

I'm very happy.

No comments: